Hmmm, one of my favorite desserts! Bananas always bring out the natural flavor and sweetness in any baked goods.
Time to prepare:
Time to cook:
2 cups All Purpose Flour1 cup granulated sugar ( You can add 1/2 cup if you want it to be sweeter.)1 1/2 tsp cinnamon powder (optional)1 tsp iodized salt2 tsp baking powder1 tsp vanilla extract1 1/2 cups mashed ripe banana ( Cavendish or plantain)3/4 cup vegetable oil (canola or corn oil)2 large eggs1/4 cup Raisins (optional)Nuts (optional)
How to prepare:
1. Preheat the oven to 175 C. Grease and flour 2 8" x 3 1/2" loaf pan or line the bottom pan with parchment paper.
2. Beat the sugar and oil in a large bowl. Add vanilla extract and eggs one at a time and continue beating until sugar is dissolved.
3. Add the mashed banana and raisins. Mix until incorporated.
4. Add the dry ingredients until just blended. Do not overmix as there is a tendency that your finished product will get hard.
5. Divide the mixture evenly and bake until the toothpick inserted comes out clean. Bake for 40 minutes or more depending on your oven. You should get a golden brown crust.