Chicken and Shrimp FRESH Lumpia
A new take on the traditional fresh lumpia inspired by Kabila at M Cafe
Time to prepare:
Time to cook:
Ingredients (4 persons):
1 lb. ground chicken
4-6 T cooking oil; read procedure.
12 pcs. medium uncooked shrimp, finely chopped
6 cloves garlic, minced
1 medium onion, chopped
1 medium jicama, matchstick
1 chayote, matchstick
1 lg carrot, matchstick
handful of green beans; cut in small diagonal small pieces.
3 t salt
1 t cracked black pepper
1 ½ cup flour
3/4 c water + 3 T
3/4 c milk
3 T cooking oil
Cooking oil for applying or brushing on the pan
1 cup chicken broth
2 cups water
4 T cornstarch
1/4 c dark soy sauce
1 t cracked black pepper
3 T sugar
1 ½ t salt
1/2 c roasted peanuts, finely crushed
How to prepare:
Preheat a large wok or pan. Add 4 T cooking oil, garlic and onion. Stir fry/saute for 2 minutes on high.
Add ground chicken and 1 teaspoon salt. Stir fry/saute until cooked thru. Add more cooking oil then stir in shrimp, carrots, chayote, green beans. Add remaining salt.
Saute for 10 minutes on high.
Add jicama and continue sauteing for 5 more minutes on high. Remove from heat and set aside.
1. Place all ingredients in a large bowl and whisk until well combined and smooth.
2. Soak paper towel with cooking oil and LIGHTLY coat the pan with it. Or use a pastry brush.
3. Preheat non-stick pan to medium high.
4. Scoop 1 ladle of the batter and carefully pour on the pan. Immediately try to lightly spread the batter with the bottom of the ladle at the same time tip the pan in a circling motion to spread the batter on the sides. Let it rest on the heat to cook.
5. It only takes less than 30 seconds and you can start digging the sides or shake the pan to let it loose.
6. Using a spatula, flip to cook the other side.
7. Set on a large plate separated with coffee filter.
8. Repeat methods #3-7 until all the batter is cooked.
Place all ingredient in a medium sauce pan and whisk until well combined. Turn heat on high to simmer while whisking continuously until thick. Turn heat to very low when it starts to boil. Continue whisking until it stops simmering. Leave on stove on very low heat. Don't forget to occasionally stir it.
1. Set the pan with the filling and crepes in front of you.
2. A dinner plate.
3. Condiment bowl.
4. Loose lettuce leaves.
1. Place 1 crepe on a clean, dry chopping board and scoop 4 tablespoons of filling. Wrap the crepe around the filling. You choose to decide if you want the ends open or not.
2. Set it on your plate. Decide if you want the black sauce separately in a condiment bowl or poured directly on top of your crepe. Sprinkle crushed peanuts on top or serve on the side.
Keywords: fresh lumpiachickenshrimpKabila at M Cafe