Lemon Poppy Seeds Muffins
These moist and delicious muffins are sure to be a hit at your next ladies brunch or tea!
Time to prepare:
Time to cook:
Ingredients (10 persons):
3 C (15 oz) all-purpose flour **1 C (7 oz) sugar **2 tbsp poppy seeds1 tbsp baking powder½ tsp baking soda½ tsp salt1½ C plain whole milk or low-fat yogurt2 tbsp fresh lemon juice, optional1½ tbsp grated lemon zest2 large eggs8 tbsp unsalted butter, melted and cooled
How to prepare:
- Adjust oven rack to middle position and heat oven to 375 degrees F. Grease 12-cup muffin tin.
- Whisk flour, sugar, poppy seeds, baking powder, baking soda, and salt together in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk yogurt, lemon zest, and eggs until smooth. Gently fold yogurt mixture into flour mixture until just combined. Fold in melted butter. Do not overmix.
- Divide batter evenly among prepared muffin cups. (I like to use this ice cream scoop to make it easy) Bake until golden brown and toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, 20 to 25 minutes. Rotate muffin tin halfway through baking.
- Let muffins cool in tin for 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack and let cool for another 10 minutes before serving.