HOMEMADE FISH BALLS AND FISH BALL SAUCE RECIPE
Fish balls is one common and all-time favorite street food of the Filipinos.
Time to prepare:
Time to cook:
Ingredients (3 persons):
400g creamdory fish (fillet) You can also use other fish, as long at it has white meat.1 carrot (finely chopped)2 medium sized onion (finely chopped)8 cloves of garlic (minced)2 tbsp. of green onions (finely chopped)1/2 cup corn starch1 cup all purpose flour1 tsp. ginger extract1 tsp. chili powder1 tsp. baking powder2 tbsp. brown sugar1 egg1 tsp chopped fresh chilisaltpeppercooking oilfish ball sticks (optional)
How to prepare:
1. Wrap the fish in a foil. Steam for about 15 minutes.
2. Let cool and shred.
3. In a large bowl, combine the shredded fish, carrots, onions, garlic and ginger extract. Mix partially.
4. Add in half cup of flour and half cup of corn starch. Then season with chili powder, salt and pepper.
5. Add one egg and mix well. Let the mixture settle for about 10 minutes or you can chill it for about 5 minutes if you want it crispy.
6. Form the mixture into balls. You can scoop it using a spoon or use your palms to form them into balls.
7. In a pot, put a good amount of oil.
8. Drop in the balls and cook until brown.
For the Sauce:
1. In a pan, pour in about 1 cup of water.
2. Pour in half a cup of flour, whisk well until the flour blends in.
3. Add in the onions, garlic and fresh chili.
4. Season with brown sugar, salt and pepper.
5. Stir continuously until you get the right consistency.
Ready and Serve with Sauce!