Lechon kawali is simple and easy as long as you have the perfect part of pork meat and most importantly, freshly sold meat packs.
Time to prepare:
Time to cook:
Ingredients (4 persons):
1-kilo pork belly or preferred meat chopsWater for boilingCooking oilSaltFish sauce
How to prepare:
Preparation and Procedure.
1. Washed and salted the meat parts thoroughly and bring to a boil, the water mixture is blended with a guesstimates of fish sauce (patis). Boil it for 15 minutes at medium fire.
2. Sun-dried the chops for 30 minutes, pork skin on top facing the sun.
3. Pre-set the pan at high-heat. Deep pan-fried at medium heat.
4. Turn the sides alternately to even out the caramelized texture and color.
5. Drain the chops from the pan and excess oil.
Lechon kawali is served best with sliced tomatoes and cucumber; garlic, siling labuyo and vinegar sauce. Alternate sauce: Mang Tomas Sarsa (gravy type), bagoong isda with calamansi. I also suggest to served with green leafy salads or vegetable dish like pinakbet, adobong sitaw, guisadong upo, kalabasa guisado, dinengdeng, steamed okra, tortang talong, boiled eggplant, steamed kamote tops, adobong kangkong and the list goes on whatever your heart craves at the moment..
For left-overs, re-heat it from an oven toaster for 5 to 10 minutes. Voila! Tender crispy lechon kawali guaranteed.
Keywords: lechon kawali