Chicken Adobo in Pineapple
Adobo is such a versatile dish that it goes well with almost anything we fancy! This time I wanted to add some summer fruit in it!
Time to prepare:
Time to cook:
Ingredients (6 persons):
1 Kilo of chicken cut into serving piecesOne clove of garlic, minced1 Tsp of grated ginger1 Tsp of peppercorn (pamintang buo)1 Tsp of sugar1/4 Soy sauce1/4 Cup of vinegar1/4 Cup of pineapple juice2 Tbsp of cooking oilHalf a cup of cut pineapple5 Pieces of boiled quails egg for garnishing
How to prepare:
1. The secret to any adobo is the marinating sauce. And the key to its success is slow cooking.
2. In a salad bowl mix half of the pounded garlic, with sugar, peppercorn, pineapple juice, vinegar and soysauce; mix well.
3. Put the cut chicken into this mixture and cover it. Let it marinate for about 24 hours.
4. The next day put the marinated chicken along with the sauce plus half a glass of water in a casserole and cut pineapple and cover it. Let it simmer slowly over medium fire until the juice of the meat has come out and the sauce has reduced.
5. Remove the cover of the casserole then put the cooking oil and the remaining garlic freshly pounded. Fry them altogether. Garnish with quail eggsBest served with pandan rice and eaten with your hands!