Ginataang Langka (Unripe Jackfruit in Coconut Milk)
This is one of the easiest way of cooking my favorite vegetable: unripe Jackfruit! Truly delicious.
Time to prepare:
Time to cook:
Ingredients (4 persons):
about half a kilo of unripe jackfruit meat (or Kamansi)1 cup of coconut milk1 to 2 pieces of dried fishsalt, pepper3 cloves of garliccooking oilchili pepper (optional)
How to prepare:
- In a sauce pan, put some cooking oil and sauté the garlic.
- Add the jackfruit and continue cooking for another three minutes.
3. Then pour the coconut milk and put the dried fish on the top and cover.
- Simmer over low fire for about fifteen to twenty minutes.
- Stir and taste, you can add some salt, pepper and fish sauce (patis) if necessary.
- The chili pepper is also optional. You can add it on the top before serving. Best eaten with steamed rice. Kain na!