This is undoubtedly one of the best dishes we serve during special occasion.
Time to prepare:
Time to cook:
Ingredients (10 persons):
1 Whole pork leg (request the butcher to cut it for kare kare)
1 Whole onion, Peeled, 2 Bay leaves, Salt and pepper
1 Cup of peanut butter
Half a cup of grounded rice (buy them in the market)
1 Tablespoons of atsuete, Immersed on hot water, Then remove seeds and keep just the water
Vegetables : 1 Cup of string beans cut in bite sized pieces, 1 Banana heart cut in bite size pieces, 2 Eggplants, Cut in bite size pieces, 2 Bunches of pechay, Washed and remove bottom stalks
Some cooking oil
Lots of water.
How to prepare:
1. In your biggest casserole, put the pork leg, bay leaves, 1 whole onion, salt and pepper. Pour water until the leg is completely soak in the water.
2. Let this boil for about 3 hours or until the leg is completely cooked. Set this aside.
3. In a another casserole, put the cooking oil and fry each vegeteable but do not cook them just enough to give them a beautiful color. Add these vegetables into the pork leg. In a separate bowl put the peanut butter and pounded rice and mix them with some water from your boiled pork. Let them dissolve completely.
4. Next put back the casserole with the pork leg and vegetables in the stove and continue cooking, pour the mixture of peanut butter and rice into the casserole. Mix them well. Add the red colored water that you prepared with your atsuete seeds. Continue stirring and cook for few minutes.
5. Serve with some sauteed shrimp paste.
- MajLife Blogs found it excellent!.