Definitely one of my favorite pinoy dish ! If you love innards this one is for you !
Time to prepare:
Time to cook:
Ingredients (6 persons):
1 Kilo of pig/cow's lungs & heart (easiest would be to buy them in the market already cooked and chopped into tiny pieces)3 Cloves of garlic, peeled and chopped3 Shallots peeled and chopped3 Siling labuyo (chili pepper)A thumb sized ginger, peeled and chopped1 Medium size labanos (peeled and cut in julienne)1 Tablespoon of atchuete seeds (soak it in one fourth cup of hot water) this is a natural red dye4 Tablespoons of cooking oil1 Tablespoon of fish sauce4 Tablespoons of vinegarSalt and pepper to taste
How to prepare:
- In a casserole, put the cooking oil and start sauteing garlic, shallots, ginger and chopped chili peppers.
- Once they are wilted add the chopped cooked heart and lungs. Saute for few minutes then add the labanos continue sauteeing.
- Pour the colored water (remove the atsuete seeds), then add fish sauce and cover. Simmer over low fire for five minutes.
- Then add the vinegar, do not stir and simmer without cover. Once the sauce starts to dry, mix and taste.
- Rectify the seasoning by adding more or less salt and pepper.