Spicy Kalderetang Baboy
Time to prepare:
Time to cook:
Ingredients (6 persons):
1 Kilo of pork (kaldereta cut)3 Cloves of garlic, peeled and chopped1 Onion, peeled and sliced1 Red bell pepper, seeded and diced3 Medium sized potatoes, peeled and cubed. 2 Tablespoon of liver spread1 Cup of sprite or 7up1 Tablespoon of tomato paste1 Can of tomato sauce3 Chili peppersCooking oil1 Cup of waterSalt and pepper to season
How to prepare:
- Start by marinating your pork and sprite or 7 up. Yes that is the secret ingredient of this recipe
- The next day, in a casserole add some cooking oil and start frying the potatoes until golden brown.
- Remove the potatoes and on the same casserole add some more cooking oil then start sauteing onion, garlic and chopped chili pepper. Then add your marinated pork without the juice. Continue stirring and cook them for about five minutes.
- Add the tomato paste, tomato sauce, red bell pepper and liver spread and stir evenly.
- Pour one cup of water and the remaining of the marinating liquid and let it simmer for about 30 to 40 minutes.
- Then add the potatoes, cover then cut the fire.
- Serve with white rice.