Matcha Ice Cream
Time to prepare:
Time to cook:
Ingredients (10 persons):
4 Tablespoon matcha green tea powder2 Cup whole milk 4 Cups whipping cream 1 1/2 Cup white sugar2 Large eggs2 Large egg yolks
How to prepare:
1. Whisk together milk and matcha powder, making sure there are no lumps.
2. Combine the cream and matcha mixture in a pot and cook over medium-low heat. Stir once in a while until heated through, around 5 minutes.
3. In a bowl, whisk together sugar and eggs until color lightens. Pour the hot matcha mixture slowly while mixing then transfer back to the pot.
4. Cook the mixture on very low heat, stirring occasionally, and make sure the eggs don't cook. Around 3 minutes. You'll notice the mixture become a bit thicker.
5. Remove from heat, pass through a strainer and pour over a container.
6. Let it cool to room temperature, then chill for 4 hours in the refrigerator.
7. Pour cooled mixture into an ice cream maker, churn, and then freeze.
If you don't have an ice cream machine/maker, here are ways to DIY: http://www.saveur.com/gallery/Ice-Cream-Unplugged#page-6
Posted by dancingalmonds