Orange cake with mango whipped cream
A tangy yet sweet ending to a great afternoon with friends.
Time to prepare:
Time to cook:
Ingredients (6 persons):
For the cake:1 stick butter1 cup sugar2 large egg separated1 tsp vanilla1 zest of large orange1 1/2 cup flour1/2tsp baking powder1/4 tsp salt1/2 cup milk1/8 cream of tartar
For the whipped cream:2 cups non-dairy whipping cream1/4 cup powdered sugar (you can adjust sugar)2 gelatin sheet2 ripe mangoes diced
How to prepare:
1. Preheat oven to 180C or 350F.
2. Prepare and line two 6-inch round baking pan. (This recipe makes 2 layers).
3. Cream butter & sugar then gradually add egg yolks. Mix well and add vanilla and orange zest.
4. Mix together the dry ingredients flour, baking powder and salt.
5. Alternately add in milk and flour mixture to the mixing bowl and mix slowly. Set aside once mixed well.
6. Whip the 2 egg whites together with the cream of tartar until soft peaks.
7. Slowly fold in the egg whites to the batter.
8. Bake in the prepared pans for 30-45 minutes. Before taking out of the oven, check if the cake is cooked well.
9. Let the cake cool then trim the top for a flat surface.
1. Place the whipping cream in a mixing bowl and whip slowly. Be careful not to make butter!.
2. Bloom gelatin in cold water. Once bloomed, melt on a double boiler. Pour the melted gelatin into the whipping cream and mix well.
3. Lastly, fold in the mangoes.
*You can use caramel flavored popcorn for topping and garnish!