Time to prepare:
Time to cook:
Ingredients (4 persons):
2 cups all purpose flour
2 cups fresh basil leaves (no stems)
2 tablespoons pine nuts or walnuts
2 large cloves garlic
½ cup extra-virgin olive oil
½ cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
How to prepare:
- Combine basil leaves, pine nuts or walnuts and garlic in a food processor and process until very finely minced.
- With the machine running slowly dribble in the oil and process until the mixture is smooth.
- Add the cheese and process very briefly, just long enough to combine. Set aside.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Peel potatoes and add to pot. Cook until tender but still firm, about 15 minutes. Drain, cool and mash with a fork or potato masher.
- Combine 1 cup mashed potato, flour and egg in a large bowl. Knead until dough forms a ball. Shape small portions of the dough into long "snakes". On a floured surface, cut snakes into half-inch pieces. Roll onto a fork to form the gnocchi shape.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Drop in gnocchi and cook for 3 to 5 minutes or until gnocchi have risen to the top; drain and serve.
- In a pan over medium heat, put some gnocchi and pesto sauce. Cook and mix well.
- Serve and garnish with grated parmesan cheese on top.
Gnocchi recipe source: http://allrecipes.com/recipe/18465/gnocchi-i/
Pesto recipe source: https://cooking.nytimes.com/recipes/2653-basic-pesto