Simple and easy Russian salad - very filling to the tummy
Time to prepare:
Time to cook:
Ingredients (8 persons):
6 large potatoes6 large carrots4-5 sugar beets Water, for boiling6 large apples, preferably Delicious or Fuji varieties200 g chicken breast2 ¼ c mayonnaisestalk celery, trimmed and finely chopped¼ c pickle relish, well-drained (see tips)1-2 tbsp Dijon mustardSalt, to tastechopped parsley for garnish
How to prepare:
1. Peel the potatoes, carrots and beets, then dice them into small cubes Put the potatoes, carrots, beets and chicken into three separate cooking pots. Into each pot, add enough water to cover.
2. Boil the potatoes, carrots and beets until tender but still firm. When tender, drain them and let cool completely.
3. Boil the chicken breast until cooked. Cut into cubes as well.
4. Peel the apples and dice them into small cubes same size as the boiled vegetables also.
5. In a large mixing bowl, toss the apples with the mayonnaise. Add the potatoes, carrots and beets. Stir in the celery, pickle relish and mustard. Season with salt and pepper and mix gently until all the ingredients are coated with mayonnaise.
5. Adjust the seasoning according to taste and garnish with chopped parsley on top.
- MJ13 found it excellent!.