Tablea Ice Cream
A rich and creamy tablea ice cream recipe with the right bitterness and sweetness
Time to prepare:
Time to cook:
Ingredients (6 persons):
4 Egg yolks1/2 Cup white sugar2 Cups fresh milk1 1/2 Tbsp butter3 Tbsp cocoa powder4 Pcs tablea
How to prepare:
1. In a bowl, whisk together the egg yolks and the sugar until the color lightens.
2. In a saucepan, put milk and butter and let it boil.
3. Once boiling, mix in the tablea and cocoa powder and stir until well incorporated and there are no chocolate lumps. Let it simmer for 3-5 minutes.
4. Pour the milk mixture into the egg mixture slowly and mix while pouring, being careful not to overcook the eggs.
5. Let the ice cream mixture cool on an ice bath.
6. Churn in an ice cream mixer for 20 minutes then keep in the freezer once formed.
If you don't have an ice cream machine/maker, here are ways to DIY: http://www.saveur.com/gallery/Ice-Cream-Unplugged#page-6