CASSAVA CAKE with UBE
One bite with two flavors in your mouth to enjoy
Time to prepare:
Time to cook:
Ingredients (2 persons):
servings.. 2 cakes ,round 9x4 inches dip .plus one llanera size
cooking time ..45 minutes
preparing time .. =.=
1 kilo fresh cassava or yuca root
1 kilo purple yam
3 to 4 cups washed sugar/adjust according to your taste
3 matured coconut ( 5 to 6 cups coconut cream )
2 tbsp melted butter ( 1 tbsp for brushing )
4 cups grated cheese ,add as you like ,choose good cheese
2 cups sweet KAONG(palm Fruit) , or use macapuno
2 whole eggs
Things you need on making the recipe
Banana leaf or alum foil
9x4 baking Tin (round shape) any shape is fine of course
water for making coconut milk
water for steamer
wooden spoon and huge bowl
knife for slicing
grater ,to grate cassava and ube
cheese cloth for making coconut milk
mashed potato utensil or fork
How to prepare:
Preparation and Cooking
1.. Peel off the skin of cassava, then use grater for making grated cassava, remove the juices from cassava using cheese cloth.. Set aside.
2. Wash purple yam, boil until soft, peel off skin and smash the boiled ube,.. Until you make a mashed ube.. Set aside.
Get your Steamer and pour half amount of water, let it boil while we prepare the mixture.
Ready your tray with banana leaves and greased with oil.
3. In a huge mixing bowl, combine grated cassava and purple yam, add 2 cups sugar, stirring until becomes purple color.. Adjust sugar while mixing.
4. Next we can put coconut cream or milk, continue stirring until completely combined.
Lack of liquid makes your cake tough, add more liquid if want soft texture and not rubbery.
5. Next crack the eggs and put them in and mix again.
6. Meanwhile we can add 2 tbsp butter.. Continue mixing..
7. Then pour in the batter, and scattered the palm fruit on top, then steam and cook for about 45 minutes or so... Cover with banana leaves or cheese cloth if you have.. Then check it sometimes, while cooking.
8.. When you think its already cooked, brush some butter on top of the cake.. Let it cool for a minutes then ready to slice.. Or serve while it's warm..
For Complete Tutorial visit Bog. com link below and my You Tube.
Channel Luweeh's Kitchen.
Thank you this is luweeh, hope you like my recipe for you... Enjoy....
Keywords: merienda kakanin cassava recipe filipino food ube cassava cake purple yam kamoteng kahoy Dessert Filipino Snack RECIPES HOME COO