CHICKEN CORDON BLEU – FILIPINO STYLE (NO OVEN)
Chicken breasts, ham and cheese are rolled into one to create this amazing recipe. It doesn’t require baking.
Time to prepare:
Time to cook:
Ingredients (3 persons):
3 Pcs chicken breasts6 Slices of cheddar cheese3 Slices of ham1 Tbsp butter1 Tsp paprika powder2 Eggs1 Cup of flour1 Cup of bread crumbsSaltPepper
How to prepare:
1. Prepare the chicken breasts. You can use a knife to cut it thinner. Or you can also use a rolling pin or a meat mallet to flatten it out.
2. Place the chicken in a flat plate.
3. Brush some butter on the top and season with salt, pepper and paprika powder.
4. Lay a slice of ham and cheese. It’s up to you if you want to add more than one slice of cheese or ham.
5. Then tightly roll them. Use a toothpick to close or fasten both ends and to avoid the ham and the cheese to get lose.
6. In three separate bowls, prepare eggs, flour and bread crumbs. Season them with salt and pepper too. Slightly beat the egg.
7. Dip each roll on this order. Egg>flour>egg>bread crumbs.
8. In a cooking pot, heat oil. Since we need to deep fry, make sure to put a good amount of cooking oil, enough to cover the entire roll of chicken. (Other option is to bake them).
9. Cook until they turn brown.
10. Slice into serving sizes.
Ready and Serve!