Cassava cake is one delicious local dessert recipe made from cassava or kamoteng kahoy.
Time to prepare:
Time to cook:
Ingredients (6 persons):
2 cups Grated Cassava1 cup Condensed Milk1 cup Evaporated Milk3/4 cups Coconut Milk1/2 cup Sugar2 Eggs1 tsp. Vanilla1/2 cup Melted Butter1 cup Grated Cheese
How to prepare:
1. Grate the cassava. (this will take some effort and time, so be patient). Or you can probably buy the frozen ones at the grocery store.
2. Squeeze the grated cassava with your hands to remove some of its juice. Set aside.
3. In a bowl, combine 3/4 cups evaporated milk, 1/2 cup coconut milk, sugar, melted butter and eggs. Whisk thoroughly.
4. Add in the grated cassava and 3/4 cups condensed milk. Then lastly add the grated cheese (leave some amount for the toppings).
5. Pour in the mixture into the baking dish. Bake for about 45 minutes at 200°C.
6. Remove from the oven and let it cool for about 15 minutes.
7. In a separate container, prepare the mixture for the toppings. Combine in the remaining evaporated milk, coconut milk and condensed milk. Whisk.
8. The pour the mixture at the top of the baked cassava cake. Top with some grated cheese. Bake for another 10 minutes or until the toppings turns brown.
Ready and Serve!