MAJA KALABASA (SQUASH PUDDING)
Maja kalabasa is a healthier version of Maja Blanca. If you are looking for a healthier and guilt-free snack dessert for your family and the kids.
Time to prepare:
Time to cook:
Ingredients (3 persons):
200G of squash (enough to make 2 cups of mashed/puree)2 Cups coconut milk1/2 Cup condensed milk1 And 1/2 cornstarch50G butterRoasted peanuts
How to prepare:
1. Slice squash in similar sizes in order for them to cook at the same time.
2. Put them in a pot first, then add a good amount of water. Then turn the fire on. Don’t drop the squash in a boiling water, they tend to cook unevenly.
3. Drain cooked squash and mash well. Set aside.
4. In a large bowl, mix in the coconut milk and condensed milk. Whisk well.
5. Pour in the cornstarch and whisk until evenly it smoothens.
6. Combine in 2 cups of puree/mashed squash. Then mix well until you get the good texture of the batter.
7. In a large pan, put the butter.
8. Pour in the batter/mixture. Stir continuously until it starts to become fluffy. Remove from heat right away.
9. In a pan or a mold, pour it in while it’s hot. Spread evenly and chill for about 30 minutes.
10. Sprinkle some roasted peanut at the top.
Ready and Serve!