Puto lanson is one common delicacy made from kamoteng-kahoy or cassava. It is easy to prepare and it doesn’t really need too many ingredients.
Time to prepare:
Time to cook:
Ingredients (3 persons):
1 Kl. Cassava (grated); you can have it machine grated or do it using a manual grater1 1/2 Cups brown sugar3/4 Cup young coconut meatButter/margarine
How to prepare:
1. Start by peeling and grating the cassava. You can do it manually or by a machine.
2. Squeeze out the juice using a cloth/cheesecloth.
3. Make sure to remove the lumps to have an even and smooth output.
4. Since you need it dry, you can leave the dried grated cassava for 30 minutes or put it outside under the sun.
5. Add in the brown sugar and the young coconut meat. Combine well.
6. Put them in the molds. For the molds, you can use the tin molds you can buy from the market or you can recycle the some tin can from canned goods. (with mine, I used the liver spread cans) Put some tiny holes at the bottom of each mold.
7. Steam for about 20 minutes.
8. Brush some good amount of butter or margarine on top.
Ready and Serve!
- esnera found it excellent!.
- Guest found it excellent!.