Uncontestably the national dish among filipinos, versions and recipes for this dish varies and this one is my favorite!
Time to prepare:
Time to cook:
Ingredients (4 persons):
Half a kilo of pork (adobo cut ) 1 Tablespoon of sugar1/4 Cup of pineapple juice5 Tablespoons of vinegar5 Tablespoons of soy sauce1 Clove of garlic poundedPepper3 BayleavesSome cooking oilHalf a glass of water
How to prepare:
1. Prepare the marinating ingredients: sugar, soysauce, pineapple juice, vinegar, pepper and lots of pounded garlic.
- Let the cut pork marinate in this juice for a minimum of two hours.
- Put everything in a casserole and pour the glass of water.
- Let this simmer gently. Do not let the sauce dries up, once the juice has reduced into half and the meat are tender you can cut the fire.
- Remember adobos are always best eaten the next day!