Growing up as a kid, this is one of our favorite dishes on Sunday night. My grandfather was a « lechoneroand my dad that cooks them for dinner !
Time to prepare:
Time to cook:
Ingredients (6 persons):
About 1 kilo of lechon1 Big onion sliced5 Cloves of garlic, peeled and chopped2 Bay leavesAbout half a teaspoon of black pepper coarsely groundedSome saltHalf a cup of lechon sauce3 Tablespoons of vinegar1 Tablespoon of sugarHalf a cup of waterSome cooking oil
How to prepare:
1. In a casserole, saute the onion and garlic with some cooking oil.
2. Once the vegetables are done, add the lechon, bay leaves, pepper, sugar, salt, lechon sauce and half a cup of water.
3. Lower the fire and let it simmer, covered for about 20 minutes. Check them from time to time to avoid drying.
4. Once the sauce starts to thicken, add the vinegar but do not stir, continue simmering for another few minutes. Taste and rectify the seasoning.
5. Serve hot over white rice.