Our birthday parties will never be complete without menudo.This is a recipe I learn from my mom's friend who is a kapampangan! Enjoy!
Time to prepare:
Time to cook:
Ingredients (6 persons):
Half a kilo of pork (menudo cut)250 G of chicken liver2 Tablespoons of kalamansi juice1 Onion chopped2 Cloves of garlic mincedSalt and pepper3 Tablespoon of soy sauce1 Teasepoon of tomato pasteHalf a cup of tomato sauce3 Cloves of garlic1 Onion slicedSome cooking oil3 Carrots cut in cubes1 Big bell pepper cut in cubes3 Potatoes peeled and cut in cubes2 Tablespoons of raisins2 To three bay leaves
How to prepare:
- Start by mixing in a small bowl the kalamansi juice, soy sauce, tomato paste, garlic and onion chopped. Mix well.
- Use this a marinade for your pork and liver let them marinade for about an hour in your fridge.
- After about an hour of marination, put all the meat in a casserole with the marinating sauce and let it boil covered over low fire. As soon as the liquid reduced, turn off the fire.
- Heat a pan and pour the cooking oil. Start sauteéeing your garlic, onions and bell peppers. Next add the carrots, and potatoes, continue stirring.
- Add the boiled pork and liver in the sautéeing pan.
- Put the pepper, the bay leaves and the tomatoe sauce. Cover it and let it simmer for about ten minutes. Add the raisin and continue simmering covered.
- Wait until the sauce thickens and turn off the fire.