Pinakbet (Tagalog Style)
I grew up eating a lot of this dish when I was a kid because we used to live near a kangkong planttation.
Time to prepare:
Time to cook:
Ingredients (4 persons):
3 Cloves of garlic, peeled and chopped1 Medium sized onion, peeled and sliced2 Medium sized tomatoes, washed, and chopped1 Tablespoon of shrimp paste (bagoong)Pork rinds cut in cubes (optional)Kangkong (chinese water spinach) cut in bite size pieces1/2 Cup of peeled and cut squash2 Eggplants, wash and cut in bite size pieces1 Ampalaya, seeded and sliced diagonallySome cooking oilAnd one fourth cup of water
How to prepare:
- In a casserole put your cooking oil. Saute the pork rinds with garlic and onion. Once they are wilted and pork has given off some fat add the tomatoes.
- Continue stirring, then add the shrimp paste.
- Add the vegetables: kangkong, squash, eggplant and ampalaya. Stir them well.
- Pour the water and cover. Simmer for twenty minutes.
5. Eat them with fried fish and white rice.
Keywords: kangkong, pinakbet, pinoy food, pinoy recipes
Posted by Dhanggit
Thanks for the thumbs up!