Adobo with Coca-Cola Twist
Adobo is a popular dish in the Philippines, typically Chicken or Pork, or combination of both.
Time to prepare:
Time to cook:
Ingredients (2 persons):
1/4 Chicken (Cut into serving portions)
1 medium size onion (sliced)
5 cloves of garlic (minced)
6 tbsp soy sauce
1 tbsp vinegar
2 pinch of pepper
3 to 4 tbsp of Coca- cola / Brown sugar
1 medium size Potato
3 pcs Dry Chili (soaked) (optional)
3 leaves bay leaves (optional)
How to prepare:
1. Heat the pan (non-stick frying pan will be better).
2. Throw the chicken skin or the fat on the pan until the oil comes out.
3. Stir fry the Chicken until all sides turned slightly golden brown.
4. Add the sliced onion and ginger. Stir fry until become slightly golden brown.
5. Add the soy sauce (stir fry for few seconds).
6. Then add the vinegar.
7. Add half cup of water.
8. Add some pepper and, soaked dried chili and bay leaves.
9. Pour the Coca Cola (stir) you also can add brown sugar.
10. Add the sliced potato. Then bring to a boil.
11. Checked the potato if it’s already cooked (using fork).
12. You may add salt if required.
13. Serve with rice!
Take note: The Cola-cola is just to give some additional sweetness of the Chicken Adobo. You may use Brown Sugar as well.