Ghirardelli classic chocolate brownies recipe
Time to prepare:
Time to cook:
Ingredients (10 persons):
1/2 cup Semi-Sweet Chocolate Baking Chips 4 ounces Semi-Sweet Chocolate Baking Bar 1 cup unsalted butter, cut into pieces1 cup firmly packed light or dark brown sugar1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract2 large eggs3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour1/4 teaspoon baking powder3/8 teaspoon salt
How to prepare:
1. Preheat the oven to 180C or 350F.
2. Brush an 8-inch pan with butter and sprinkle with flour to prevent the brownies from sticking after baking.
3. Chop the chocolate bar into small pieces.
4. In the top of a double boiler or in a heatproof bowl over barely simmering water, melt the 4 chopped chocolate and butter, stirring occasionally until smooth.
5. Remove the pan from the heat and let it cool to room temperature.
6. Stir the brown sugar into the melted chocolate mixture.
7. Add the eggs and mix well. In a bowl, sift together flour, baking powder and salt.
8. Fold the flour mixture into the chocolate mixture until well blended.
9. Bake for 25-30 minutes.
10. After baking, remove from oven and cool for around 30 minutes before cutting.
11. Enjoy eating with vanilla ice cream on top and candied walnuts!