French toast with strawberry sauce
A different twist to French toast
Time to prepare:
Time to cook:
Ingredients (2 persons):
2 large eggs1/8 cup milk1 tsp vanilla2 tbsp sugar3-4 pcs raisin breadbutter for cooking1 cup frozen strawberries1/2 cup water1/2 cup sugarSliced fruits for garnish
How to prepare:
1. Beat the eggs together with the milk, vanilla and sugar and mix well. Place on a flat, wide container.
2. Soak each side of the bread in the egg mixture.
3. In a skillet, over medium heat, melt some butter and cook the soaked bread until golden brown on each side. Set aside.
4. In a sauce pan, mix together the strawberries, sugar and water.
5. Allow to boil and let the strawberries soften. Add in more water and sugar if necessary depending on desired consistency and sweetness. Cook for 10 minutes.
6. Pour the strawberry sauce over the french toast and serve with some fruits.