Sisig has its origins in culinary hotpots Pampanga. Made with pig’s face and ears – and are usually pleasantly surprised by how appetizing it is!
Time to prepare:
Time to cook:
Ingredients (10 persons):
1/2 kg Pork maskara, cleaned and rinsed well8 cups Water1/8 cup Datu Puti Soy Sauce3/4 cup Onions, quartered1 tsp Peppercorns, whole1/2 kg Liempo1/8 cup Calamansi juice1/4 cup Silver Swan Soy Sauce1 Tbsp Margarine1 cup Chopped onions1 1/2 pieces Siling labuyo1/4 Datu Puti Soy Sauce1 Tbsp Datu Puti Vinegar1/8 cup Calamansi juice1/4 tsp UFC Ground black pepper1 cup Crushed chicharon3/4 cup Chopped onions3/4 cup Chopped finger chilies4 pieces Calamansi, chopped
How to prepare:
- In a pot, boil pork maskara, then add water, Datu Puti Soy Sauce, onions, and peppercorns. Simmer for 45 minutes or until tender. Drain and cool the meat.
- Marinate liempo in calamansi juice and Silver Swan Soy Sauce for three hours.
- Grill pork maskara and liempo until cooked on all sides. Chop finely.
- In a pan, heat margarine. Add chopped maskara and liempo. Saute for 2 minutes. Add onions and siling labuyo.
- Season with Datu Puti Soy Sauce, Datu Puti Vinegar, calamansi juice, and ground black pepper.
- Toss in chicharon, then top with onions and finger chilies. Serve with calamansi and Datu Puti Toyo Magic on the side.