A perfect bread to snack on with your brewed coffee!
Time to prepare:
Time to cook:
Ingredients (6 persons):
1/2 cup of warm milk2 eggs1/3 cup of melted butter4 cups of flour2 teaspoons of dry instant yeast1/2 cup of sugar
For the filling:2 tablespoons of brown sugar1 teaspoon of cinnamon powder1/2 cup of butter
For the frosting (optional)1/2 cup of cream cheese1/4 cup of powdered sugar
How to prepare:
1. In a bowl put the warm milk, crack the 2 eggs, add the flour and the yeast. Mix well. If you have a stand mixer or a bread maker, knead for about fifteen minutes. If not knead them with your hands.
2. Once the dough is no longer sticking to your hands and when you try to stretch the dough it doesn't break, its ready. Set it aside and let it rise in a warm place until it doubles in size.
3. Meanwhile in another bowl mix together the brown sugar and cinnamon, set aside. Prepare the frosting by whsking the cream cheese with the powdered sugar and let it chill in the fridge.
4. Flatten the dough on a flour dusted surface. Using the rolling pin, flatten it and aim for the size of 16 by 21 inches. Spread the remaining butter using a spatula everywhere the dough. Then smear it with the cinnamon and sugar mixture. Roll gently the dough. Use a dental floss to cut nicely the rolls. To cut it, hold both ends of the floss over the dough and pretend as if you are tying them.
5. Butter your baking dish and put your cinnamon rolls, allowing enough space for it to grow. Preheat the oven at 200°C and bake it for fifteen minutes.
6. You can pour over the cream cheese frosting as soon as gets out of the oven.