Light and healthy Vietnamese salad - clean, crisp and refreshing
Time to prepare:
Time to cook:
Ingredients (10 persons):
250 g shrimp boiled and cut in half
100 g chicken breast boiled and shredded
1 head romaine or iceberg lettuce shredded
1 pc cucumber sliced thinly
1 pc carrot sliced thinly
1 pc singkamas sliced thinly
8 pcs pomelo segments
50 g fried shallots (this is with flour)
50 g crushed nuts
5 g cilantro leaves picked
5 g mint leaves picked
5 g thai basil picked
1 part lime or calamansi
1/2 part thai fish sauce
1/2 part water
1 part sugar
optional - chilies
How to prepare:
1. In a bowl, put the lettuce, carrots, singkamas, shrimp, chicken, pomelo, cilantro and mint.
2. Toss everything together.
3. On top, sprinkle the shallots and the nuts.
4. Pour some dressing before serving.
1. Mix all ingredients together and pour on top of salad.